- Written by OriginalSteps
- Category: News
Here is why your BCom accounting degree will put you on the right road once you graduate:
If you’re wondering whether or not you are on the right track with your BCom Accounting, think again, because recent research has revealed that the Chartered Accountancy [CA(SA)] designation is the best business designation – by far.
Many students begin their studies with high zest levels and a positive outlook, but at some point along the lengthy and arduous road succumb to various pressures and throw in the towel. This is often the case with those who are on the verge of completing scarce-skill degrees such as accountancy and are poised to enter the ruthless, challenging and highly complex business world.
- Written by OriginalSteps
- Category: News
Independent research released this week clearly reveals that the Chartered Accountancy designation in South Africa [CA(SA)] is the most sought-after business designation – by a considerable margin.
The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) commissioned two independent research exercises to:
• Analyse the appointments pages carried in South Africa’s most widely-read specialist business media with a view to establishing what percentage of the job advertisements were for CAs(SA).
• Investigate the designations of all the directors of the top 200 JSE listings, ranked by market capitalisation.
In the former instance, appointments advertisements during February 2007 a weekly financial publication and a daily business newspaper revealed an overwhelming preference for South African CAs(SA).Hence, for all jobs advertised in the weekly business magazine’s four February issues, a dominant 39% specifically singled out the CA(SA) as a prerequisite.The remarkably high percentage should be viewed in the context that the requirement for much of the 61% balance was for people, like engineers or academics, not directly related to the business environment.
More from OriginalSteps.com
- The True Story from Björn Borg
- April winners announced for the JSE/Liberty Investment Challenge
- THE IQ BUSINESS GROUP’S Graduate Programme
- Wise words from previous winners of JSE Investment Challenge Public Game
- MSA LEAD - Announcing 10 pioneering development innovators
- Johannesburg is the best place for young people in Africa
- Youth making a difference in South African rural communities
- First person lover avatars on runway in Björn Borg show @fashion week stockholm
- Twenty inspirational teenagers added to the national HIP2B² equation
- German International School Cape Town's new state-of-the-art library
- For prospective accountants
- 2014 Registrations open for JSE’s Investment Challenge
- HIV projects funded through underwear
- ITS Mobile enables TUT students to access academic and financial information via mobile devices
- South Africa’s innovators of tomorrow win big with medals, bursaries and Pi-top Laptops at the annual Eskom Expo for Young Scientists
- The crazy world of job websites localised for individual countries!
- APPLY 2019 presented by Pure Potential is here
- The crazy world of Job Sites!
- Global scholarship, grant, funding, fellowship and bursary study opportunities
- Films and television shows that inspire one to take a gap year – and time travel!
- Finance for studies available in the USA
- The original game-changers: Extraordinary careers inspired by genius minds
- Films that inspire a career in sport!
- Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse
- Contact OriginalSteps.com and Impressum
- About OriginalStep.com
- Legal and Website Disclaimer
- Website Terms and Conditions
- It is time to save the planet – what if James Bond was a tree hugger?
- Virtual trends - now a reality
- OriginalSteps.com since 2005
- International students shake it off in Melbourne
- Finance for studies available in the UK
- Gap Year Publications and Productions
- The first series of Ecocapsules ® is on the way
- Dynamic careers - handle with care!
- Shai Reshef: Educating a planet and championing a needed solution
- Simone Biles Joins the Education Revolution
- APPLY 2018 presented by Pure Potential is here
- Bursaries and Scholarships available in South Africa
- Films and television shows that inspire careers in the legal industry
- 2017: just a touch away from a futuristic now
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Study Abroad
- South African Bursaries and Scholarships in the Engineering, Geology, Teaching and Transport fields
- My Gap year travel adventure to India with Sofie Schaffner
- A career in sales is just honing on what you already know!