Where did you study: University of Johannesburg
1. Okay so you just finished graduate from University, now you working at a very cool and distinguished company, does that make you think that every minute of studying paid off or do you feel this is the stepping stone to your big career plan?
I think both apply equally, all my studying has paid off in the sense that I have accomplished some major goals such as getting the opportunity to do my articles for an established firm as E & Y, together with the fact that this opportunity can and will be used as a stepping stone for launching my career, in which ever way that may entail.
2. What’s a basic day like for you at Ernst and Young?
I get to work at about 7.30, if I am at the office or at a client with necessary network cables, then I visit my facebook profile. Then I check email and reply to emails, I also log onto sametime for a large portion of the day, so as to catch up with E & Y friends.
Then its down to the grind stone for about 4 hours after which I have lunch for an hour, with the audit team or friends. When back from lunch I will check and reply to emails again, Check in with managers on the audit, and ultimately continue with the work, until 5. After 5 I’m off to gym or some form of social activity.
3. Do you balance work with other activities, how do you unwind or chill out?
Yes, There is a well ingrained balance at E & Y, There is a lot of hard work, but with that comes the opportunity to learn and grow as a person, but just as hard as we may work we also know how to play just as hard as we always make time for relaxing, what ever that may entail.
(some of my other activities include, the E & Y action cricket league which is awesome.I enjoy a good party, gyming, capoeira and reading!
4. Did you always want to work in the financial services industry?
I personally find commerce very interesting, but I won’t say that I have always wanted to be in commerce but it has definitely been something that has always intrigued me.
5. What inspires you in the workplace?
The ability to show your potential, to be respected for the hard work you put in and the possibility of achievement (both physically within the profession/ firm and personal growth)
6. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Striving to extend my professional achievements as a CA(SA) as far as I can, whether it be with E & Y or somewhere else.
Okay serious questions over!!
7. If you weren’t an Auditor you would be a Doctor / Pilot
8. Your favourite country? Switzerland
9. Favourite Food? Pasta’s
10. Favourite Book, Movie and website Book: Twilight series, Movie: Zoolander, Website: Facebook
Words of inspiration for the youth of the world:
If you want something in life, go out and get it. Don’t wait for someone to hand it to you, because they just might hand it to the wrong person.
Work hard for every thing you achieve, as the rewards are far more satisfactory that way.